- (18/3/2017) answer to exam. The numerical mistake in the first problem corrected.
- (14/3/2017) I mixed different versions of exercise and answer. Now the mistakes are corrected.
- (10/3/2017) The midterm is open book exam. This means that you can bring all the material for the course (lecture note, exercise, answer to exercise) and nothing else. The midterm will have three problems, similar to those in the exercise.
- (23/2/2017) Kenneth Arrow died on Feb 21, 2017, at age of 95.
- (23/2/2017) 肯尼斯阿罗: 我的研究历程-从迷上统计学到摘得诺奖.
- (15/2/2017) Lecture Note slightly updated. The 3rd part is subject to major revision.
- (2/2/2017) My public lecture on calendar (in Chinese).
- (2/2/2017) Lots of materials added to the course website.
- (2/2/2017) What is it like to understand advanced mathematics?.
Class for Math Module
Venue: Room 2407.
Schedule: Tuesdays (Feb 7, 14, 21) and Fridays (Feb 9, 16, 23), room 2407.
Exam: Saturday, March 18, 9:30 - 11:30.
Instructor: Min Yan, room 3487, email@example.com, 23587442.
Lecture note for the course.
Color: There are several aspects of this fascinating topic. First is physical (electromagnetic radiation). Second is vision (human eye, and animal eye). Third is computer code (besides RGB, there is also CYMK). One can find lots of materials on the internet.
Elements by Euclid