- (15/10/2018) The exam will cover the lectures I gave. These are (1) Number (2) Proof. The exam will not test Axiom.
- (14/9/2018) Exercise and Answer. The problems in the actual exam will be similar to the problems in the exercise (later part of exercise is actually previous exams).
- (14/9/2018) The math module exam will be three problems and open book. You can bring all the materials from the course (lecture note, exercise, answer) and nothing else.
- (12/9/2018) Lecture note updated. The main change is to clean up the discussion about conversion between bases and the divisibility rules. I hope the new explanation is much clearer.
- (3/9/2018) Starting on Friday, Sept 7, the venue will be changed permanently to room 4582.
- (4/7/2018) Course website. The schedule is updated. The subsequent links to materials will be updated.
- (4/7/2018) What is it like to understand advanced mathematics?.
Class for Math Module
Schedule: Mondays 15:00-16:20 (Sept 3, 10, 17) and Fridays 10:30-11:50 (Sept 7, 14, 21).
Manned poster presentation: December.
Group presentation: December.
Instructor: Min Yan, room 3487, email@example.com, 23587442.
Lecture note for the course.
Color: There are several aspects of this fascinating topic. First is physical (electromagnetic radiation). Second is vision (human eye, and animal eye). Third is computer code (besides RGB, there is also CYMK). One can find lots of materials on the internet.
Proof without Words: from MAA
Elements by Euclid